Dr. Mohammed Rehan Sayeed is a renowned cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon, who has practiced extensively in India and abroad. He has performed over 10000 cardiac and 4000 thoracic surgeries; completed over 2000 mini bypass surgeries, more than 5000 for the entire range of minimal access cardiac surgeons, and over a 1000 endoscopic heart surgeries. A pioneer in the field of hybrid cardiac surgery in India, he has earlier worked at Apollo Hospitals and Fortis Hospitals in Chennai and Bangalore. He currently heads The Heart Centre at Bangalore with an extensive experience in both adult and paediatric cardiac surgery.
• MBBS – Madras medical College
• DNB (Gen.Surgery) – National Board of Examinations
• DNB (Cardiothoracic Surgery) – National Board of Examinations
• FRCS – royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
• Fellowship in Adult Cardiac Surgery – Boston university medical center
• Fellowship in Paediatric Cardiac Surgery – Boston Children’s Hospital. Harvard University, USA
• Fellowship in Heart Failure Surgery, Mechanical Assist Devices
• Cardiac Transplantation – Kauffman Center for Heart Failure and Transplantation – The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio, USA.
Dr. Mohammed Rehan Sayeed has many firsts to his credit:
• First endoscopic closure of a complex congenital heart defect (partial anomalous venous return) in the world.
• First endoscopic closure of atrial septal defect (ASD) in South India.
• First hybrid coronary bypass surgery (CABG) in South India.
• Largest single surgeon series of mini bypass surgery in the world.
• Largest single surgeon series of minimal access cardiac surgery in India.
Dr. Mohammed Rehan Sayeed, has vast research experience in the various facets of cardiovascular and thoracic surgery and has presented many papers at several national and international conferences. Besides, he has also authored chapters on valve surgery in major cardiac surgery textbooks. Dr. Mohammed Rehan Sayeed is a member of the American College of Chest Physicians, royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, and the Cleveland Clinic Alumni. He is also a much sought after speaker at many scientific gatherings, both national and international.